From Zachary Vietz, Publicist at NDSU Press
NDSU Press is happy to announce FOUR of our authors’ works have been selected as winning medalists in the 2019 IPPY Book Awards! We are extremely happy and proud of our authors, and we hope these medals will shine proudly among their accolades.
Below are our award winners and their respective titles:
- Apple in the Middle, by Dawn Quigley
- Gold Medal – Multicultural Fiction – Juvenile/Young Adult
- Pacing Dakota, by Tom Isern
- Gold Medal – Midwest – Best Regional Non-Fiction
- Songs of Horses and Lovers, by Madelyne Camrud
- Gold Medal – Poetry – Specialty (Illustrated/Anthology)
- Operation Snowbound: Life behind the Blizzards of 1949, by David W. Mills
- Silver Medal – Midwest – Best Regional Non-Fiction
Independent publishers from around the world participated in the 23rd annual, 2019 Independent Publisher Book Awards (the IPPYs). There are winners from five Australian provinces, seven Canadian provinces, forty-two states and the District of Columbia and Guam, plus France, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, and more. We notice too that in addition to NDSU Press, there are fifteen US university presses with winning publications (but we are the ONLY one to claim four medals). We were up against some stiff competition!
You can find a full list of winners here.
Thank you to everyone who supports NDSU Press and its authors.